Our equipment is located in the state of the art Data Centres of Melbourne Server Hosting, in Manchester, England. Melbourne design, build and run their own Data Centres, located in the Manchester Science Park, on the periphery of Manchester City Centre, and one of the most digitally connected regions in the UK. Melbourne have long-term leases for their Data Centres directly with the landlord, which puts them in complete control of their service. They are just not resellers of other companies’ data centre space.
Melbourne’s facilities have the following features:
- On-site generators with at least 5 days’ supply of fuel
- APC Infrastructure UPS units, in n+1 mode, providing enough power to sustain load until the generator starts up as well as ensuring a clean electrical supply.
- Air conditioning is provided by underfloor cooling, the air flow directed appropriately by grilles in the floor. The capacity of the equipment is such that a failure of one unit can be handled by the other units.
- A full VESDA system that provides early detection of smoke is in place so that any potential fire is detected before it can develop. In the extremely unlikely event that a fire does develop, an FM200 fire suppression system is in place.
Resilient fibre entering the building at multiple points onto their Manchester fibre network.
- Security on site 24/7, CCTV, motion detection and a key fob access system ensure multiple layers of security and peace of mind.